The Benefits of Working with a Colorado Roofing Association (CRA) Approved Roofing Contractor
July 01, 2020
Metro City Roofing is a CRA Approved Roofing Contractor
The Colorado Roofing Association was established in 1978 with a commitment to “Promote the ethics, education, and image of the roofing industry throughout the State of Colorado through the actions of its members.”
The Colorado Roofing Association’s goal is to help homeowners and commercial building owners and managers make informed decisions about replacing and maintaining their roof systems.
The Colorado Roofing Association is not a consumer agency and is not equipped to handle disputes between consumers and contractors.
CRA Application Requirements
Roofing contractors applying for CRA membership must meet the following minimum requirements:
- A roofing contractor business license showing that the company has been in operation for a minimum of two years, issued by a Colorado municipality or jurisdiction that requires a test for licensing. Or the roofing contractor business licenses must show that the company has been in business for at least two years issued by two Colorado municipalities that do not require a test for licensing.
- Documentation of current Colorado Worker’s Compensation Coverage reflecting satisfactory payroll in roofing or sheet metal classifications, with copies of the policy endorsement/declaration page that shows this information.
- A certificate of insurance showing current general liability protection of at least $500,000.00.
- Roofing company must provide evidence of passing a nationally recognized examination that addresses roofing work on residential or commercial property (National Building Contractor A, B, C & Standard Roofing from IBC or ICC accepted).
- Sign and abide by the CRA Code of Ethics.
- Sign Continuing Involvement Units (CIUs) acknowledgment form that you have read and understood the CIU requirement.
- Roofing contractor must have a fixed address with a physical location in Colorado
- Submit three (3) satisfactory business references in Colorado: one from a customer and two from a supplier/vendor.
- Each applicant must be sponsored by a current CRA Member(s).
A storm chaser or ‘Chuck in a truck’ roofer does not typically establish roots in Colorado, or any specific state, to meet these strict Colorado Roofing Association requirements.
Metro City Roofing is proud of our extensive training, testing, and licensing achievements. We are a reputable roofing company and better positioned to serve our customers with knowledge and experience. Beyond the Colorado Roofing Association, we also have associations with the National Roofing Contractors Association, memberships with numerous local Chambers of Commerce across the Front Range, including Denver, Fort Collins, and Colorado Springs, and very positive Google and Better Business Bureau (BBB) reviews.
Why Metro City Roofing?
Metro City Roofing is your hassle-free answer to professional roofing services – residential roofing, commercial roofing, restoration, and roof repair. We are hail damage and wind damage roof system experts and have perfected the insurance claim and roof restoration process where you only pay your insurance deductible. Our staff is state-licensed independent adjusters, which allows us to evaluate your property with the same lens as an insurance adjuster. Our professional roofing services staff will settle your hail or wind insurance claim directly, including possible code-related requirements, to ensure that you receive all funds owed to you.
Metro City Roofing provides the best professional roofing industry services in metro Denver and across the Front Range. We install the highest-quality roofing materials, such as Class 4 impact resistant asphalt shingles, and aim for homeowner and building owner complete satisfaction at every stage of the new roof replacement process. As a professional roofer, we aim to deliver outstanding customer services and approach every home improvement and roofing project we manage like it is our own home.
Our professional staff is experts in all types of roofing systems, including asphalt shingle roofs, metal roofing (standing seam, metal shingles), wood shakes and wood shingles, tile roofs (slate tiles, concrete tiles, clay tiles, synthetic tiles), and flat roof materials (modified bitumen, TPO, EPDM), and more.
We are family-owned and operated and live year-round in the same Colorado community as you and proud to call the Rocky Mountains home. We do not apply high-pressure sales tactics like some scammers and do not descend like vultures following the latest hailstorm anywhere in the United States. Metro City Roofing takes pride in our approach to quality partnerships and associations. Metro City Roofing is an Owens Corning Preferred roofing and general contractor, accredited with the Better Business Bureau (BBB), the National Roofing Contractors Association (NRCA), many local Chambers of Commerce, and the Colorado Roofing Association (CRA). We are a professional roofing company that carries General Liability insurance and Workers Compensation insurance to provide peace of mind for your roof replacement, roof installation, or roof repairs.
We are a roofer that continually strives to differentiate from our competitors in the following ways:
- Licensed inspectors who inspect your roof and property with the lens of an insurance adjuster; all commercial roof inspections include an evaluation with an infrared camera
- Professional insurance claims experts who settle your hail damage or wind damage claim successfully
- Expert sales representatives help customers select the best new roof for their home or business, whether for re-roofing or a new build
- Quality project managers who provide expert supervision on every roofing project
- Experienced roof installers who are certified, fully insured and committed to delivering high-quality craftsmanship with many years of experience
- Management staff that understands International Building Code (IBC) and International Plumbing Code (IPC) requirements, along with local code requirements
- Long-term warranties that cover roof material and quality and are backed by manufacturers
Metro City Roofing is a roofing and building contractor that has worked diligently to earn essential credentials, certifications, licenses with national and local governments and local building departments, and a roofer you can trust.
In 2020, with COVID-19 coronavirus, working with a roofer who has worked to earn the trust of customers is critical – and one who also focuses on safe distance customer interactions