Your Top Choice for Roofing in Thornton
Metro City Roofing is the only call you should make in Thornton for your roof inspection, repair, or replacement needs.
Our expert sales and project management teams complete extensive training, including the same licensing that insurance adjusters possess. As a homeowner or property manager, you receive peace of mind that we inspect your property the same way that an insurance adjuster will. Further, when you file an insurance claim, we meet directly with your adjuster to ensure we’re aligned. Our experienced team also works to settle your insurance claim successfully, including any code requirements. Top insurance companies in Thornton recommend Metro City Roofing.
We understand there are a lot of roofing companies in Colorado. Unlike many other roofing companies that chase hailstorms across the country, we live where you live and only do business in Colorado.
Our installation crews are licensed and insured, experienced, and committed to your complete satisfaction. When it’s time to select materials, we only install the most reputable brands and highest quality materials.
In Thornton, you can have confidence that the experts at Metro City Roofing will best care for your roofing needs.
Why Metro City Roofing?
We provide the best professional roofing services in metro Denver and across the Front Range.
We continually strive to differentiate from our competitors in the following ways:
- Licensed inspectors who inspect your roof and property with the lens of an insurance adjuster; all commercial roof inspections include an evaluation with an infrared camera
- Professional insurance claims experts who settle your hail damage or wind damage claim successfully
- Expert sales representatives who help customers select the best roof for their home or business
- Quality project managers who provide expert supervision on every roofing project
- Experienced roof installers with many years of experience who pursue excellence with each roof replacement, restoration, or roof repair
- Long-term warranties that cover roof material and quality and are backed by manufacturers
Building Inspection Division
9500 Civic Center Drive
Thornton, CO 80229
The City of Thornton has adopted the 2019 International Residential and Building Codes.
Key code items
- Ice and water shield is not required unless specified in the shingle manufacturer’s installation instructions.
- Drip edge flashing is required at the eaves and the rake of the roof. Drip edge flashing shall extend over the plywood sheathing at the fascia.
- The maximum spacing for the existing sheathing is 1⁄4 inch.
- From September 15 to April 15, all asphalt shingle installations shall be fastened using six nails. If the shingles are not self-sealed at the time of the final inspection, the shingles are required to be hand sealed per the manufacturer’s installation instructions.
- As of October 22, 2018, mid-roof inspections are no longer required.
- It is the responsibility of the contractor or installer to provide ladder access for all inspections.
- For single-story access, ladders may be left on the ground, and the inspector will set up and secure the ladder.
- Ladders must be of sufficient height to extend three rungs above the roof.
- Ladders necessary to access an upper roof from a lower roof must still be provided by and set up to OSHA Standards by the roofing contractor.
- If access to the ladder is in the back yard, please give us verbal permission to enter the yard when you make your inspection request, and make sure no animals are in the yard at the time of inspection.
- Until 1953, the area now known as Thornton consisted primarily of farmlands. Sam Hoffman purchased land off of Washington Street in 1953 and planned what would eventually become Thornton.
- Thornton was the first planned community in Adams county. The town was named in honor of Colorado Governor, Dan Thornton. Thornton incorporated as a city in 1956.