Roofing is an Admirable Profession
May 12, 2020
The job of a roofing professional is to inspect and install roofs on homes and buildings. The work is physically demanding as a roofer must climb on top of a roof, often carrying a ladder and roofing materials such as asphalt shingles.
In Colorado, a roofer is in the highest demand following a natural disaster like a hailstorm or extreme wind. Expertise in the roofing profession is needed to guide homeowners and property managers through the entire roof replacement or restoration process. A quality roofing sales and project manager will often work directly with one’s insurance company.
Because roofing professionals help others when needed the most, a roofer should be admired. Unfortunately, this is not always the case. In many cases, this is due to publicized roofing scams from storm chasers. Every year, news outlets report on roofing scams throughout the United States, often immediately following a severe weather event like a hailstorm in Colorado. The media reminds the public to beware of roofing scams with high-pressure sales tactics and to hand over any up-front cash at contract signing. Once you hand over your money, some roofing contractors disappear with your money, and you are no closer to your new roof or roof repair. Other roofing companies cut corners when completing the work, which can leave your roofing system with undetected, future problems following installation. Roofing scams and stories are shared more than most other industries, with roofing as a profession ranking similarly to used car sales.
Most roofing contractors, however, are good people who do their best to help homeowners when they’re needed most. A roofer’s goal is to evaluate a roof’s condition and determine the best approach for a roof repair or roof replacement, adhering to best roofing practices, with installation to both manufacturer specifications and local code requirements.
A roofing job can be an excellent career for someone who is physically strong and sincerely enjoys helping people. Other key attributes include possessing strong attention to detail and love being outside, sometimes despite weather extremes. There is no official education requirement, although essentially all sales and project managers have a high school diploma or a college degree.
Why Metro City Roofing?
We provide the best professional roofing services in metro Denver and across the Front Range, covering all types of roofing from steep-slope roofs to flat roofs (such as modified bitumen or commercial TPO).
We continually strive to differentiate from our competitors in the following ways:
- Licensed inspectors who inspect your roof and property with the lens of an insurance adjuster; all commercial roof inspections include an evaluation with an infrared camera
- Professional insurance claims experts who settle your hail damage or wind damage claim successfully
- Expert sales representatives who help customers select the best types of roofing for their home or business across a variety of materials
- Quality project managers who provide expert supervision on every roofing project
- Experienced roof installers with many years of experience who pursue excellence with each roof replacement, restoration, or roof repair
- Member of the National Roofing Contractors Association (NRCA), Better Business Bureau, and many local Chambers of Commerce
- Long-term warranties that cover roof material and quality and are backed by manufacturers