Happy Mother’s Day 2020
Happy Mother’s Day 2020
May 8, 2020
This Mother’s Day is unlike any we’ve previously celebrated. Celebrating Mother’s Day with brunch at a nearby restaurant is likely out of the question this year due to COVID-19 coronavirus and the need for social distancing. Heck, you may not even be able to see your socially-distancing parent.
If you’ve been seeing your mom throughout the COVID-19 coronavirus, perhaps the best gift you can give is the gift of quality time.
If there’s anyone to celebrate on a special day, it’s your amazing mother. Not only did she give you birth but also has been there for you through your awkward phases, to answer any of life’s questions, and to give you unconditional love.
The staff at Metro City Roofing thought it would be fun to share some funny Mother’s Day quotes (many from Mother’s Day cards) and some very sweet ones too, plus some ideas for making the most of celebrating this special day at home. Happy Mother’s Day to all moms out there.
Funny Mother’s Day Quotes
We laughed while writing this blog post with many laugh out loud funny Mother’s Day messages and quotes.
• “Mom, I love you, even though I’ll never accept your friend request.”
• “I always say if you aren’t yellow at your kids, you’re not spending enough time with them.” – Reese Witherspoon
• “I want my children to have all the things I couldn’t afford. Then I want to move in with them.” – Phyllis Diller
• “Happy Mother’s Day, Mom! (And while I have you, quick apologies for ages 13-21.)”
• “A mother is the person you can always call to see how long chicken lasts in the fridge.”
• Dear Mom, thank you for keeping all the bad stuff I did from Dad.”
• “Being a mom has made me really tired and so happy.” – Tina Fey
• “Silence is golden. Unless you have kids. Then silence is just suspicious.”
• “Parenting is f**king hard.” – Adele
• “It’d be cool if my kids could make something I actually want. Like a bottle of wine out of macaroni.”
• “Mom: I love you and your super long voicemails.”
• “Every day I wake up and think: how on earth did I become this much like my mother?”
• “Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out.”
• “The most expensive part of having kids is all the wine you have to drink.”
• “It’s not easy being a mom. If it were easy, fathers would do it.” – Betty White
• “I’ve learned to use meditation and relaxation to handle stress. Just kidding, I’m on my third glass of wine.”
• “Motherhood: Feeding them as a baby and then through most of their twenties.”
• “If at first you don’t succeed, try doing it the way your mom told you to do it from the start.”
• “Motherhood: Powered by love. Sustained by wine.”
Sweet Mother’s Day Quotes
Here’s a few sweet Mother’s Day messages you will likely find in Mother’s Day greeting cards to celebrate your own mother on this special day.
• “Being a full-time mother is one of the highest salaried jobs… since the payment is pure love” ~ Mildred Vermont
• “Mothers hold their children’s hands for a short while, but their hearts forever.” ~ Unknown
• “A mom’s hug lasts long after she lets go.” ~ Unknown
• “Of all the rights of women, the greatest is to be a mother.” ~ Lin Yutang
• “Motherhood: All love begins and end there.” ~ Robert Browning
• “A mother’s arms are more comforting than anyone else’s.” ~ Princess Diana
• “The mother’s heart is the child’s schoolroom.” ~ Henry Ward Beecher
• “Blessed is a mother that would give up part of her soul for her children’s happiness.” ~ Shannon L. Alder
• “There is nothing as sincere as a mother’s kiss.” ~ Saleem Sharma
• “A mother’s love for her child is like nothing else in the world. It knows no law, no pity, it dates all things and crushes down remorselessly all that stands in its path.” ~ Agatha Christie
• “Mothers possess a power beyond that of kind on his throne.” ~ Mabel Hale
• “The heart of a mother is a deep abyss at the bottom of which you will always find forgiveness.” ~ Honore de Balzac
• “No gift to your mother can ever equal her gift to you – life.” ~ Anonymous
• “Mother – that was the bank where we deposited all our hurts and worries.” ~ T. DeWitt Talmage
• “The most important thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother.” ~ Unknown
• “A mother’s arms are made of tenderness and children sleep soundly in them.” ~ Victor Hugo
• “A mother’s happiness is like a beacon, lighting up the future but reflected also on the past in the guise of fond memories.” ~ Honore de Balzac
• “Sometimes the strength of motherhood is greater than natural laws.” ~ Barbara Kingsolver
• “Children are the anchors that hold a mother to life.” ~ Sophocles
• “Mother’s love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved.” ~ Erich Fromm
• “Motherhood is… difficult and… rewarding.” ~ Gloria Estefan
• “For when a child is born the mother also is born again.” ~ Gilbert Parker
H2 tag: Fun ways to celebrate Mother’s Day in 2020 … thanks coronavirus
This blog post won’t offer recommendations for your Mother’s Day gift guide with flowers, a beautiful photo, or a coffee mug, we will recommend a few ways to celebrate your own mother, regardless of whether she’s a new mom celebrating her first Mother’s Day or your amazing mother who’s provided unconditional love for many years and become your best friend.
• Serve your mom breakfast in bed. Of course, let your mom sleep in but when she’s ready, serve her a tray full of pancakes, eggs, or any other brunch favorites.
• Create a build-your-own bagel spread. While some moms may prefer a fully cooked Mother’s Day breakfast, others may appreciate the versatility of a family-style spreads like bagels, pancakes, or waffles, with all the fixings.
• Take advantage of brunch on the patio. This year, the weather forecast for Mother’s Day in Colorado is pretty great, with a forecast of 71 and sunny. The last few years have seen a number of Mother’s Day celebrations impacted with snowfall. In fact, Mother’s Day seems to be a frequent, final target for snow. The 2015 snowstorm in the Denver metro area happened on Mother’s Day.
• Picnic in your backyard. Make dining at home more exciting by bringing the celebration outdoors. Set up a blanket and cover it with plates full of picnic-ready snacks, wine, and cheese, or even take-out from her favorite local restaurant. Don’t forget to turn off your sprinkler or this may become the Mother’s Day no one will ever forget.
• Have a mother-child movie marathon. We don’t mean making your mom watch “Ferris Bueller’s Day Off” or “Moana” but watching a movie that you’ll both appreciate. And don’t forget movie popcorn and candy.
• Host a virtual happy hour. If you cannot see your mother in person this year, at least you can toast the person who raised you … in a virtual way.
For all the moms out there, Happy Mother’s Day from Metro City Roofing, Denver’s best roofing company. And let’s all cross our fingers for a beautiful, warm, and dry Mother’s Day in 2020!