Fort Collins’ Best Roofing Specialists
Metro City Roofing is Fort Collins’ premier roofing contractor.
When you need a professional roof inspection, repair, or replacement, Metro City Roofing is the first and only call you should make.
Our team of professionals earns the same licensing credentials as insurance adjusters, which means we complete every inspection with the same lens as does an insurance adjuster. We also represent you throughout the entire insurance claims process. Top insurance companies in Colorado recommend Metro City Roofing.
Beyond our sales and project management team, our experienced installation crews are committed to delivering outstanding quality and professionalism.
At Metro City Roofing, we live in the same Colorado community where you live and only do business in Colorado. We do not travel the country temporarily in search of the next hailstorm. We take pride in using only the most reputable brands and highest quality materials.
Metro City Roofing is a proud member of the National Roofing Contractors Association, the Colorado Roofing Association, the Better Business Bureau, and many local Colorado Chambers of Commerce.
Look no further than Metro City Roofing for the best expertise and professionalism in Fort Collins.
Why Metro City Roofing?
We provide the best professional roofing services in Fort Collins, Denver, Colorado Springs, and across the Front Range.
We continually strive to differentiate from our competitors in the following ways:
- Licensed inspectors who inspect your roof and property with the lens of an insurance adjuster; all commercial roof inspections include an evaluation with an infrared camera
- Professional insurance claims experts who settle your hail damage or wind damage claim successfully
- Expert sales representatives who help customers select the best roof for their home or business
- Quality project managers who provide expert supervision on every roofing project
- Experienced roof installers with many years of experience who pursue excellence with each roof replacement, restoration, or roof repair
- Long-term warranties that cover roof material and quality and are backed by manufacturers
Development Review Center
281 N. College Ave
Fort Collins, CO 80524
Residential roof covering installations must comply with 2018 IRC Chapter 9.
Commercial and multi-family roof covering installations must comply with 2018 IBC Chapter 15.
Key code items
- A permit is required for roof repair or replacement exceeding one square of covering (100 square feet).
- Asphalt shingles are required to be Class 4 impact resistant that meet UL 2218 test.
- In order to receive a required letter of completion, a disposal receipt and final waste
- management plan must be submitted at the end of the project including amount of waste discarded and location/landfill where waste was discarded.
- A change of roof material will require a Class A fire resistant rated roof covering be installed.
- A roof covering system may be replaced with the same fire classification in accordance with the manufacturer’s installation instructions when the same materials are used (i.e. asphalt shingle to asphalt shingle), provided the replacement roof covering has a minimum Class C fire rating.
- Existing solid sheathed deck shall be without water damage or physical damage. Gaps between sheathing exceeding 1/8” will require solid sheathing (overlay of min. 1⁄4” plywood or new solid sheathing).
- Roofs with 2 or more layers of existing roof covering must have all layers removed down to deck for new roof covering. No more than two total layers of roof covering are allowed at completion.
- Ice barrier shall be installed at all roof eaves starting at the low eave edge and extending upslope to a point at least 24 inches beyond the interior edge of the exterior wall. For roofs with slopes 8:12 or steeper the ice barrier shall also extend at least 36 inches upslope from the eave edge.
- A final inspection and a letter of completion are required for all roofing permits.
- Fort Collins is the largest producer of beer in Colorado. It produces 70 percent of Colorado’s craft beer and seven percent of the entire United States. Craft breweries include Odell Brewing Company and New Belgium Brewing Company.
- Fort Collins ranked 4th by MarketWatch in April 2019 for Best U.S. Cities to Raise a Family
- Fort Collins is a platinum level bike-friendly city, one of only five in the entire United States, with more than 285 miles of trails and bike lanes littered throughout the city and the mountain terrain.
- Fort Collins offers more than 600 acres of parks, 5,000 acres of natural areas, 20 miles of off-street hike/ bike trails, three golf courses, a racquet center, three swimming pools, an ice rink and a community center.
- Colorado State University is a public institution that was founded in 1870. It has a total undergraduate enrollment of 26,400 (total enrollment is 33,694 according to US News and World Report, its setting is city, and the campus size is 4,773 acres.
- The current metro area population of Fort Collins in 2020 is 337,000, a 1.81% increase from 2019. The Colorado State University student population makes up approximately 10% of total Fort Collins population.