Hail Damage Insurance Claims Experts
Denver Metro Roof Hail Damage Insurance Claims Experts
Providing guidance into the hail damage insurance claim and roof replacement and restoration process.
At Metro City Roofing, we are hail damage and wind damage roof insurance claims experts and have perfected the roofing insurance claim and roof restoration process. We work with all the major insurance companies and manage the entire insurance claims process on your behalf. We start with a free roof inspection and represent you during all interactions with your insurance company, settling your hail or wind insurance claim directly with your insurance company (including possible code-related requirements), to ensure that you receive all funds owed to you.
We are state-licensed independent adjusters, which means we evaluate your property with the same lens as an insurance adjuster.
Our goal is to simplify the hail damage claims process for you following a hailstorm, offering a full explanation of any damages and possible code-related requirements. We provide complete documentation of our inspection process, including photos and a written damage estimate, and act as a full-service claims and construction management company when a covered peril such as hail or wind requires an insurance claim.
Our expert roofers will install your new roof material with quality workmanship.
“Jonathan was great at helping us beginning to end with our hail claim and roofing and window repair. He is really knowledgeable about the claims process and persisted with us when our insurance company tried to use confusion related to previous claims to justify certain exclusions. In the end his persistence helped get us full coverage for the damage. And the new roof looks great!”
- Gretchen Morgan
Selecting the Right Insurance Policy for You
Some homeowners may believe that spending money on insurance coverage is a waste of money. Insurance, however, can save you a lot of money and anxiety when a tragedy strikes. Carefully consider having home insurance to protect your house and your belongings. Shop across several carriers for your best quote to make sure you are not overpaying your home insurance.
Home insurance facts
- A basic policy will cover fire, storm, theft, and natural disasters such as hail. A basic policy will also include liability in case someone suffers an injury in the house.
- You have choices in the type of policy you choose. When searching for a home insurance policy, we recommend learning about the different coverages and options that best suit your needs. A HO-3 policy is the most common home insurance policy but may not be the best fit for everyone.
- Home insurance does not necessarily cover for all damages. Examples of exclusions are natural disasters such as earthquakes or floods.
- Try to validate whether you have damage before filing a claim. It is important to avoid filing too many claims or you may be dropped by your carrier. You should also make sure you understand your coverage based on the type of policy you have.
- Check for possible discounts when shopping for homeowners insurance. As an example, you may qualify for a discount if you have installed smoke detectors, fire extinguishers, or introduced other safety features. If your roof is a Class 4 Impact Resistant shingle, you would likely qualify for a discount on your homeowners policy.
- Keep your home well maintained. If you file an insurance claim but damages are resulting from negligence, your claim will likely be denied. We recommend keeping your home well-maintained with regular roof inspections, gutter and downspout cleaning, trimming trees, and repairing any leaking pipes.
- Your credit score may affect your house insurance policy. The lower the credit score, the higher the insurance premium.
- Your ability to file a claim will have a deadline. If you intend to file a claim, we recommend doing it as timely as possible. Depending on the scope of work, you will also likely have a time limit to complete any repairs or replacement and recoup all funds owed to you as part of the claim.
- Know your deductible. The amount you pay towards the insurance claim (and technically before your insurance pays) is called a deductible. We recommend you understand your deductible on your home insurance policy as this is your financial responsibility.
- Make an inventory list. No one will want his/her claim denied by the insurance company. To avoid such a disaster, create a list of your items and what you paid for them.
Essential Steps in the Insurance Claims Process
1 – Have your roof inspected from a reputable local roofing company.
Many homeowners call their insurance company following a storm. Your roof may not have damage. It’s best to start with a free, no-obligation roof inspection and a detailed inspection report.
2 – File a claim with your insurance carrier if you have damage.
After verifying your property has substantial storm-related damage, you should file a claim on your homeowner’s policy. Your insurance company may ask if you have already had your roof inspected.
3 – Once you file a claim, the insurance company will assign an adjuster to your claim.
The insurance adjuster is required to contact you to schedule an inspection. It is best to have the insurance adjuster and your roofing contractor inspect your roof together. As the insurance adjuster represents the insurance company, s/he will naturally have the insurance company’s best interest in mind. We strongly recommend you have a qualified contractor, such as Metro City Roofing, represent you during the adjustment process with your best interest in mind. When they inspect the roof together, they are more likely to be aligned about what will be covered by insurance, and you will be able to get your project started more quickly.
4 – Schedule your roof replacement with your selected roofing company.
With Metro City Roofing, you will have a single point of contact throughout your project. A typical residential roof replacement will take 1-2 days from start to finish; you do not need to be home during your roof replacement. A commercial roof replacement will likely take 1-2 weeks.
You should expect to receive your insurance paperwork within 7-10 days (although some insurance carriers will provide an estimate immediately following the inspection). Your initial insurance estimate will often miss items such as code required upgrades or unforeseen at the time of the adjustment. A trained contractor will satisfactorily handle all supplements and negotiations on your behalf.
5 – Your deductible should be your only out-of-pocket expense.
Insurance companies make at least two payments for every storm-related insurance claim. It is not uncommon, however, to receive more than two payments with additional supplemental items. Your insurance company will pay you directly, and then you will pay your roofing contractor once the work is complete. Metro City Roofing does not require any payments until we deliver materials to your home.
The professionals at Metro City Roofing are roofing experts in the Denver area and across the Colorado Front Range. We will work with you for your hail damage repair or replacement. Our professional staff offer free roof inspections to inspect for roof damage. We are licensed and we are proud of our National Roofing Contractor Association (NRCA) and Better Business Bureau (BBB) associations.
The professionals at Metro City Roofing are roofing experts in the Denver area and across the Colorado Front Range. We will act as your partner for your hail damage roof replacement or roof repair, starting with free roof inspections to inspect for roof damage. We hold roofing licenses across the Front Range and are proud of our community involvement with various local Chambers of Commerce, the National Roofing Contractor Association (NRCA) and the Better Business Bureau (BBB).