The Colorado Roofing Association (CRA) was established in 1978 with a commitment to “Promote the ethics, education, and image of the roofing industry throughout the State of Colorado through the actions of its members.”
The Colorado Roofing Association is not a consumer agency and is not equipped to handle disputes between consumers and contractors.
The Colorado Roofing Association’s goal is to help homeowners and commercial building owners and managers make informed decisions about replacing and maintaining their roof systems.
CRA Application Requirements
Roofing contractors applying for CRA membership must meet the following minimum requirements:
- A roofing contractor business license showing that the company has been in operation for a minimum of two years, issued by a Colorado municipality or jurisdiction that requires a test for licensing. Or the roofing contractor business licenses must show that the company has been in business for at least two years issued by two Colorado municipalities that do not require licensing test.
- Documentation of current Colorado Worker’s Compensation Coverage reflecting satisfactory payroll in roofing or sheet metal classifications, with copies of the policy endorsement/declaration page that shows this information.
- A certificate of insurance showing current general liability protection of at least $500,000.00.
- Roofing company must provide evidence of passing a nationally recognized examination that addresses roofing work on residential or commercial property (National Building Contractor A, B, C & Standard Roofing from IBC or ICC accepted).
- Sign and abide by the CRA Code of Ethics.
- Sign Continuing Involvement Units (CIUs) acknowledgment form that you have read and understood the CIU requirement.
- Roofing contractor must have a fixed address with a physical location in Colorado.
- Submit three (3) satisfactory business references in Colorado: one from a customer and two from a supplier/vendor.
- Each applicant must be sponsored by a current CRA Member(s).
A storm chaser or “Chuck in a Truck” roofer does not typically establish roots in Colorado, or any specific state, to meet these strict Colorado Roofing Association requirements.
Metro City Roofing is proud of our extensive training, testing, and licensing achievements. We are a reputable roofing company and better positioned to serve our customers with knowledge and experience. Beyond the Colorado Roofing Association, we also have associations with the National Roofing Contractors Association, memberships with numerous local Chambers of Commerce across the Front Range, including Denver, Fort Collins, and Colorado Springs, and very positive Google and the Better Business Bureau (BBB) reviews
Why Choose Metro City Roofing?
Metro City Roofing is a Colorado roofing company headquartered in Denver, CO, with offices in Denver and Colorado Springs. We specialize in hassle-free professional roofing and will treat your home like our own.
Metro City Roofing is a roofing and building contractor that has worked diligently to earn essential credentials, certifications, licenses with national and local governments and local building departments, and a roofer you can trust.
We deliver the best professional roofing services across the entire Front Range from Fort Collins to Colorado Springs. We are proud of the excellent reputation we've earned, with outstanding customer satisfaction, one roof, and one customer at a time.REQUEST FREE ROOF INSPECTION